En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

Sheriff Depts. and Serving Court Papers

Print this page
Before a protection order can take effect, it must be served upon the abuser.  In most states, protection orders are served by the sheriff department.  To find a list of sheriff departments in your state, enter your state in the drop-down menu above.