Back to Delaware overview
- Delaware Code (select sections)
- Title 10. Courts and Judicial Procedures
- Part 1. Organization, Powers, Jurisdiction and Operation of Courts
- Chapter 9. THE FAMILY COURT OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE
- Subchapter I. Organization, Administration and Operation
- Subchapter II. Jurisdiction and Powers
- Subchapter III. Procedure
- Part C. Adult Proceedings
- Part D. Protection From Abuse Proceedings.
- Part E. Interstate Enforcement of Domestic Violence Protection Orders
- Title 11. Crimes and Criminal Procedure
- Part I. Delaware Criminal Code
- Chapter 2. GENERAL PROVISIONS CONCERNING OFFENSES
- Chapter 5. SPECIFIC OFFENSES
- Subchapter II. Offenses Against the Person
- Subpart A. Assaults and Related Offenses
- Subpart D. Sexual Offenses
- Subpart E. Kidnapping and Related Offenses
- Subpart F. Coercion
- Subchapter III. Offenses Involving Property
- Subpart B. Criminal Trespass and Burglary
- Subchapter VII. Offenses Against Public Health, Order and Decency
- Subpart A. Riot, Disorderly Conduct and Related Offenses
- Subpart E. Offenses Involving Deadly Weapons and Dangerous Instruments
- Title 13. Domestic Relations
- Chapter 1. MARRIAGE
- Chapter 5. DESERTION AND SUPPORT
- Subchapter I. Duty to Support
- Chapter 7. PARENTS AND CHILDREN
- Subchapter I. General Provisions
- Subchapter II. Custody Proceedings
- Chapter 7A. CHILD PROTECTION FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEX OFFENDERS ACT
- Subchapter I. Child Protection from Domestic Violence Act
- Chapter 8. UNIFORM PARENTAGE ACT
- Subchapter II. Parent-Child Relationship
- Chapter 15. DIVORCE AND ANNULMENT
- CHAPTER 19. UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AND ENFORCEMENT ACT
- Subchapter II. Jurisdiction
- Chapter 23. GUARDIANSHIP OF A CHILD
- Subchapter I. Definitions and Jurisdiction
- Subchapter II. General Procedures for Appointment of Guardians
- Subchapter III. Guardian of the Child
- Subchapter V. Permanent Guardianships for Children
- Chapter 24. THIRD PARTY VISITATION
- Subchapter I. General Provisions
- Subchapter II. Third Party Visitation Proceedings
- Chapter 25. DSCYF CUSTODY
- Subchapter II. Dscyf Custody Proceedings
Part E. Interstate Enforcement of Domestic Violence Protection Orders
back to top§ 1049D. Registration of order(a) Any individual may register a foreign protection order in this State. To register a foreign protection order an individual shall present a certified copy of the order to the Court.
(b) Upon receipt of a foreign protection order, the Court shall register the order in accordance with this section. After the order is registered, the Court shall furnish to the individual registering the order a certified copy of the registered order.
(c) The Court shall register an order upon presentation of a copy of a protection order which has been certified by the issuing State. A registered foreign protection order that is inaccurate or is not currently in effect must be corrected or removed from the registry in accordance with the law of this State.
(d) An individual registering a foreign protection order shall file an affidavit by the protected individual stating that to the best of the protected individual's knowledge, the order is currently in effect.
(e) A foreign protection order registered under this part may be entered in any existing state or federal registry of protection orders in accordance with applicable law.
(f) A fee may not be charged for the registration of a foreign protection order.
73 Laws 2002, ch. 367, § 1, eff. July 1, 2002.