Legal Information: Delaware

Restraining Orders

View all
April 11, 2016

Step 1: Go to Court to file and obtain the Petition.

As soon as possible after the abuse occurs, go to the Family Court nearest to where you live. You can obtain a petition from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. You can find contact information for courthouses on the DE Courthouse Locations page.

At the courthouse, tell the clerk of court that you want to file for a "Protection from Abuse Petition form", Form #450. If you are in immediate danger, tell the clerk you also want to file an "Affidavit for Emergency Hearing Form," to obtain an Emergency (ex parte) Order.